A mini-MBA createdfor the leaders ofindependent agencies.
Accelerate your career by mastering the people management & business finance skills needed to grow and optimize your agency.
The IA-MBA is a 10-week virtual learning and networking program created for independent agencies.
Based on a streamlined MBA curriculum will help you learn, understand, and apply the best practices of people management & business finances to improve your agency's success and grow your bottom line.
Effective & Actionable Self-Paced Learning
Expert Created & Facilitated Experience
Social Learning & Professional Networking
Our 10 Week Curriculum
After the 10-weeks, you will still have access to the eLearning for a full year!
It's like a mini-MBA, for insurance agencies.
Hear what successful agency owners have to say about the IA-MBA.
This program is effective | This program is affordable | This program is easy to follow | This program is a great networking experience | This program is a 'no brainer'
Callahan & Rice
Check out just a few of the successful agencies who have used the IA-MBA to train, empower, and elevate their teams!
Meet the Creators & Facilitators
Created specifically to teach the fundamental skills every agency owner, operator, and manager needs for sustaining success and growth. From people management to agency finance, and all in between.
Over the past 14 years, Carey Wallace has worked with hundreds of independent insurance agencies helping them understand their agency’s value and turn that knowledge into an actionable plan for their future. Carey is a Certified Exit Planning Advisor, CEPA and provides a variety of business consulting services through the company she founded, Agency Focus, LLC.
Want to learn more about the IA-MBA?
Sign up below to join the Independent Insurance Agents of New Mexico informational webinar.
To learn more about the IA-MBA join your peers from IIANM to learn more during our live webinar.
Save These Dates!
Independent Insurance Agents of New Mexico
Sign up before the end of year before the best deals, up to 50% off the program!
Improve your agency.
Grow your bottom line.
Grow your bottom line.
Agency Team Leadership
Master Your Financials
THE GOALMAKERS GUARANTEE
We believe in our material, so much that we offer a money-back guarantee.
Just say no to ineffective training.
No travel costs | No missing work | No wasting time | No travel costs | No missing work | No wasting time
Frequently Asked Questions
Scroll to the bottom of the page to book a time to chat with the IA-MBA team !
Who is the IA-MBA for?
How many people from my agency should participate?
What if I miss the live sessions?
How long will I have access to the program?
How long will it take me?
Then bi-weekly we have 90-minute long live sessions with your peers and industry experts.
Overall, you should expect anywhere from 20-40 hours over the 10-weeks. (Some learners spend much longer than this and some a little less, but it depends on where you are at in your professional journey)!
Fundamentals of the IA-MBA
Here are the key takeaways of each section in the program:
Set Goals All The Time
- Set an agency-wide vision.
- Learn how to create good goals.
- Create goals for the agency, departments & each employee.
Focus On The Process
Not a Plan
Not a Plan
- Measure the current state of the agency.
- Go beyond the traditional business plan.
- Create a new agile planning process.
Coach The Right People
- How to build & coach the right team.
- Learn to identify natural abilities.
- Create position descriptions for yourself and every employee.
Serve The Right Customer
- Define the right customer for you.
- Choose a core generic strategy.
- Improve your sales process & refine your operations processes.
Empower Your Entire Team
- Learn the life-cycle of a manager.
- Build an empowerment culture.
- Embrace 'Wide Boulevards, High Curbs'.
Do The Right Things Right
- Create a new system of management.
- Learn key tools to measure & manage goal achievement across the agency.
Demystifying The Financials
- Balance Sheet,
- Income Statement,
- Cash Flow Projections.
Applying The Financials
- Discover industry benchmarks across the independent agency landscape and how your agency compares.
- Calculate and set goals for fundamental financial ratios.
- Determine your break-even to inform all financial decisions.
- Learn how to value your agency based on EBITDA.